My painting appearing in a magazine article

I recently had one of my paintings in a magazine article. The topic of the article is called “Why This Works”.
The woman that wrote the article wrote about my painting so eloquently…much better than I could have done.
I would like to get some suggestions on how to promote (free) the article so I can get some recognition for it.

Here is the link to the article

Be careful here - although the article is about your work, you probably should contact the author and conversly the author probably should have contacted you before the image was published. This is kind of a gray area for many artists. I once read a scathing editor’s letter to a painter who had used a photo of a garden as a painting source in a gardening magazine.

Bob: Congrats on having your work profiled. The recognition is well deserved.

Flower/Kitty: In this case, I think it falls under “fair use” Link

Flower, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I didn’t paint a picture from a magazine. i said that I painted a picture and the writer of the article posted it as an art lesson. I’m not sure what you mean about the last sentence you wrote. This has nothing to do with what I was asking.

Thanks David! I’m glad you understood the post by Kitty. I really don’t get it.

You could post it on your “artist” page on DPW and a link here in your profile if you would like.

I see you have already put some links on your ArtTalk profile, just add that one too? This is the link discussing it if anyone else has not done so already. Your Profile/Preferences on DPW Art Talk