Favorite acrylic paint and why?

Like Windsor and Newton artist’s professional acrylics? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, Acrylic paint is one of the most popular paints for artists and crafters alike. It can be used on almost any surface and create beautiful effects for your paintings. So, My options are Golden and Liquitex. They seem to be named most often as favorites. I also wanted a thinner paint and went with Liquitex soft body basically because of availability. I haven’t tried much else but I would consider trying Golden.

I know this discussion was from a long time ago but I just found it. No one has mentioned my favourite acrylic company - M. Graham. It is luscious and thick all at a seasonable price. What more could you want?

Thanks for sharing. I read some reviews on the paint that indicate that they stay workable a little longer making them good for wet in wet techniques. I’m intrigued and will have to give them a try.

I find Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylics special. They can stay open longer with a water spritz and can be reopened days later with their Unlocking Medium. Yet they dry as quickly as any other acrylic if you don’t do the above. And my second choice is Winsor and newton professional, as well as the odd bits of golden fluid. I found w&n ones give nice coverage for the big block of colors and can be thinned down nicely for fine details.