Liner / rigger for oil painting

Hi there.

Can anybody recommend a rigger / liner brush that is similar to Rosemary and Co number 6 rigger? Specifically I need one for oil paints.
Preferably a stiff synthetic hog hair type.

I’ve looked everywhere. I’m hoping to teach a course in September and want to recommend brushes people can buy more locally to the US.
I love Rosemary’s liner brush but I want to provide a similar alternative.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

I also have a lot of Rosemary brushes which are great, and then I found Trekell. I absolutely love them. I use Golden Taklon. https://www.trekell.com/collections/brushes

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes I was looking at these. They do look very similar to Rosemary brushes.
I was really hoping to find a brush that I could order from Blick so that my materials list could all come from one place.
But maybe I will take another look at these and ask all brushes be ordered from there.

Thank you.

1 Like

I like the rigger the Princeton, ASPEN #6500, makes. Very stiff. I buy it on Blick

2 Likes

That sounds perfect Debra. I will take a took.

Well, I don’t really use stiff hog hair type brushes but I can recommend where I get my brushes.
On their site they are called Chungking bristle.
The Brush Guys. They really do have the best prices anywhere.
They find the best deals directly from manufacturers and sometimes warehouse finds. Savings passed on to us artists. They don’t always have full lines of every brush series but I have not had any problem finding the brushes I constantly use.
https://www.thebrushguys.com/
www.thebrushguys.com
www.thebrushguys.com

1 Like

Jacqueline

I just bought a few Mattheson brushes I believe they have riggers. Purchases thru Dick Blick.

I do like the Rosemary brushes. Ivory

Best Laura

1 Like

I used to buy Rosemary brushes, but I found that they separate quickly. You know that gap ,especially in a flat or bright brush. I find the Princetons last longer. I take good care of my brushes. But this was my experience

2 Likes