How to Handle Touch Ups

Can you touch-up a varnished painting? Varnish is Liquitex High Gloss Varnish. I would like to touch-up a mistake in the oil paint layer and re-varnish that area. Any suggestions?.

The way I do it is to use a solvent to remove the varnish where I want to touch up. It should come off without too much effort. I should say that I use oils so you might want to experiment on an old painting first since I’m not sure about acrylics.
Edited to say… I misread your post. For some reason I thought you were using acrylics.

You say this is an oil painting…the Liquitex High Gloss Varnish is for Acrylic paintings only. It will not adhere permanently to an oil painting. Use Gamvar on oil paintings. https://www.liquitex.com/us/faq/can-i-use-your-varnishes-on-my-oil-painting/

Thanks for the suggestions. I misspoke. I think I used Gamvar not Liquitex. Still learning the basics and really appreciate the helping hands.

If you have used SOLUVAR Liquitex Varnish you can remove it with white mineral spirits and then do your corrections and then re-varnish when the paint is dry to the touch.

This is a new product to me. Thanks I will give it a try.