DPW + Instagram + Facebook?

Morning All,

Just curious… how far do you go when it comes to duplicating your work on the various social media? If you already use DPW and Instagram, for example, do you still also need a Facebook page?

Thanks, in advance, for your kind feedback!

2 Likes

Interesting question, catching up on all social media could be time consuming while you want to spend more time actually doing art. I personally ignore FB, gladly DPW chooses my art to post there from time to time. So, only Instagram, that takes my main toll of time (and what I opened not for sales ) and DPW for safe and convenient check out. Yet I don’t claim it the only right way. Some people develop pinterest as well

3 Likes

Hi Julia,

Good points. I started to setup Facebook and already I can tell it may take more of my time than it’s worth to me.

Thanks for your thoughts!

3 Likes

I have a facebook PAGE so that when I post to Instagram the post automatically is posted to facebook as well. That said, I dislike the facebook page. It’s too complex; nothing simple about setting it up, and there’s the constant offer of paying for boosted posts. However, since designing a PAGE I have hundreds more followers that I wouldn’t have reached with my normal facebook presence.
I find better engagement on IG, probably because I only follow other artists, comment only on artists posts, so all I see now is art. Jo Reimer Art on facebook; jo_reimer on instagram.

4 Likes

Hi Jo,

I know, right? I haven’t used Facebook for years now (I prefer Instagram) and the PAGE thing is so awkward. REALLY interesting to note that you gained followers thru your PAGE though.

Thanks for your perspective!

I use DPW and Instagram. DPW because it gives me a website and a checkout should anyone want to buy anything. Instagram because I like the camaraderie and inspiration of others’ work. I used FB business page for a number of years but grew tired of the pressure to pay for promoted posts, especially as, in the end, my posts got no visibility unless I did pay. I was proud of reaching 1500 followers but could see that often my posts were only seen by less than 10 (!) unless I had paid. So I closed it and have no regrets. Other artists have said they make good sales on FB but I never did. I don’t think I have the knack to use social media well, so now I don’t stress about it any more, and am happier as a result.
I think - do what you want, not what you think you ought. Then you will feel happier.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense, Karen. Thanks for the feedback!

I think the gain of followers is mostly due to the PAGE being public while my normal feed is set to private. That causes the FB suggestion algorithm to suggest me to other artists as well as those interested in art.

2 Likes

I post pictures on the DPW platform and on many social networks. I’m more active on Instagram, but I have no sales there. At the same time, I love the ease of shopping on the DPW. When a person likes my art, he only needs to click on Paypal link to buy and everything is in place.
If we talk about Facebook, then two years ago I was actively managing it. But then they changed the design, the system started loading posts for a very long time, sometimes the pages do not open. It pisses me off. Now I only post there occasionally to keep in touch with people who are interested in art. But it’s disgusting how Facebook messed up its service

1 Like

I do post to my business facebook page but only because it posts there automatically from instagram. I find my facebook business page next to useless these days.

I think ‘community’ artist facebook pages are a lot more useful but they require a lot of time commitment to reply to responses and I can’t devote time to both an instagram and facebook feed together at the moment, so I focus on instagram.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Jacqueline! I e also decided to concentrate on Instagram and DPW. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m late to this conversation. Just came across it while cleaning out my email. Yes, my email is that much of a mess.

I do use Facebook and find it to be the most effective means of social media marketing for me. It may be because of my demographic, but I think more of my followers are on Facebook. Outside of a local gallery, I’ve sold very little other than Facebook. I post on Instagram but on there I seem to be mostly followed by other artists. I think the trick is to share your business page posts to your personal page, and encourage people to follow your page. I do giveaways occasional to get more likes and shares. People sharing my posts with boosts the reach.

Hi there,
Social Media takes so much time but I did find a few art apps that are starting to work and I am sure will be good once I start being more consistent. Here is a new one that I am sure is going to be great. It is developed from FineArtStudiosOnline - FASO, also a great place for a website designed and run by artists. Its is called Musero and is super easy to use, only takes seconds and they allow live links. Then I found these as well that are quick and easy. Artfair Social and ArtLoupe. Check them out.