Does Anyone Know About Le Galeriste Montreal?

I received an email from Le Galeriste in Montreal offering me an opportunity to sell my art as “wearable” art. I don’t plan on signing up, but just curious to know if anyone has done this or what you might know about this site.
Thanks,
Judy

1 Like

Good day, Judy! I do not know of such a gallery. Unfortunately, I cannot say anything about this.

Hi Judith, I got the same email. Never heard of them before. Marcia

Thanks for letting me know!
Judy

I have printed several art works on La Galeriste products.

You initially get to use 3 artworks. Their designers will place your art on a group of clothing type of your choosing.

I ordered several pieces to check on sizing and quality. Quality is great, and washes beautifully. The fabric for the knits is similar to Canadian brand Sympli, or even Ribkoff.

I had more success with my abstract work translating to fabric.

I have just placed a larger order for birthday presents and holiday sales. Larger orders make a huge difference in per unit price, of course.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about your experience with La Galeriste! I don’t think my type of art would translate well to clothing, otherwise I might try it out.
Judy

I just read your question and had to look them up on Google. They have a great range, from bold to subtle, and I really enjoyed seeing all the art turned into clothing, tablecoths, bags and even masks for Covid. Very clever and cool.

I’m intrigued with the wearable art. Almost makes me want to create a painting just for this purpose!

I received the same and have been curious about this. Of course unfortunately in today’s world we have to be cautious with anything online. Especially when giving others permission to make copies or products with our works. I’m definitely going to look into it further.

I received their email and checked out the site but never did anything with them. However, this past weekend I was able to see a collection a fellow artist had done with them. She researched them thoroughly beforehand and liked what she found. She said they were easy to work with and she was quite pleased with how the pieces turned out. So now I may think about using them!

I signed up and created multiple outfits on LeGaleriste. I just ordered 2 of my artworks clothing. They told me the next shipment will be sent out on July 27th. So here I wait with my customers. I am hoping and praying this isn’t a scam.

Wearable Art by Noreen

Me and another artist I know LOVED the site and have beautiful art with no problem selling for many years on other platforms. We were told that each artist is allow up to 1,500 products total on their store. Both of us only had 130 and 139 respectively. With only 10 designs we were not even close to that many.
BUT we each received an email saying our store was DEACTIVATED because there was an “unusual amount of products created”. That made NO sense. So we each (separately) chatted with their team. We were told the same thing as the email and then the individual we chatted with (Elise) reiterated the 1,500 product limit. We each then told Elise that we had less than 150 total (10% of the allowed). Elise then reactivated the accounts.
BUT after each of the next 3 times we uploaded, we were DEACTIVATED yet again! This time they didn’t even tell us. We didn’t know until we logged in to see the designs.
SO… we chatted with Elise again.
THIS time she stated, “We have a 48-hour hold window for ALL artists so that you can only upload one design every 48 hours to not overload the system.”
Well, we waited 72 hours and were STILL DEACTIVATED.
We tried chatting again, only to be IGNORED.
We finally left one final message in chat saying, “I will be leaving your platform because of obvious bias but appreciated her help and will now go and leave reviews to prevent other artists from going through the same ordeal.”
So this review is for Beth and myself. Our word of advice?? STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE SEEMINGLY OBVIOUS BIAS.
And we do have all the emails and chat logs to prove all of this.