Can you make an obvious sale here? Like "30% OFF!"

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make an art sale here. I don’t mean how to sell a painting. I mean a sale, like 30% off or something like that. I know you can just lower your prices, but I want to show that the painting was at a certain price and now it’s 30% off.

I want it to look like an obvious sale.

@rkstudio: No, we do not have that feature at this time.

Ok, thanks Carol…

Bob I was wanting to do this too and this is what I might try. Make a new category based on keyword like SALE then add the keyword to each artwork you are discounting. Make a jpeg for the category image that is clear and eye-catching. Put SALE in title as well and in notes. This might work.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your idea. I thing that might work too. Sounds like a good idea. Let me know how it goes for you. I’m going to try it too.

That’s a good idea @elizabethelgin, I may do that too. My to-do list is very long though… If I spent half the time painting that I do online… :smiley:

Sunny Avocado - I know what you mean.

Found these, might be helpful for making category image easy and eye popping

https://www.google.com/search?q=sale+images&biw=1440&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjszeP-39rOAhVBVh4KHR3oB1gQ7AkIQA#imgrc=_

1 Like

Wow! They ARE eye popping!!

Thank you for the link, Elizabeth.

Also, it’s a really good idea you have for making a sale. The only problem I’m having is figuring out how to state the original price and the sale price. When you click on an image it states everything you need to know but there’s no way for a potential buyer to know what the original price is compared to the sale price. Unless it’s stated somewhere at the bottom in the description somewhere.

I guess the original price doesn’t have to be shown. It will be less than your other work…so sale. And yes, in the description would be ok, right?

I like the separate category for sale items. With the eye popping category image.

Well it’s not absolutely necessary to have the original price shown, but whenever I see something on sale at a store, the first thing I look for is the original price so I can compare and see how much I’m getting off.
In the description is ok, I guess since there’s no other place to put the original price, but the description isn’t exactly front and center. That’s where you can say “Was $50, now, $40” or something like that.

I also like the separate category for sale items since it seems to be the only other option right now.

1 Like

Well I made my sale with the things we all talked about. I hope I didn’t make any mistakes.

Sunny, I ended up putting the original price in the description area. I’m not sure if people look much in there. but it looks like the only place that makes sense.

1 Like

What great ideas. I too was wondering how to do this. I love what you did Bob Kimball - perfect. Now to find the time to do it.

I checked it out, that is great. How about in your summary on ‘The artist’ page? You could say something like ‘check out the sale category, click on a work you’re interested in to see the original price in description.’ Something like that but said better!

1 Like

Thank you Mary,

It was done in part with help from Elizabeth Elgin and Sunny Avacado. I thank them both for their input. I think it took me about 2 hrs. I wasn’t keeping track of time though.

1 Like