Artist Karin Jurick passing

I am so saddened to read this morning on the passing of artist Karin Jurick. She was a pioneer in the Daily Painting world. Her gallery here on DPW shows the great works she has done. She was only 59 years old (way too young). I guess God needed some murals painted in heaven. RIP Karin

3 Likes

Thank you for posting Nancie. I heard from a friend about this initially.

Karin inspired me, as she did many people, to start painting. I think we are all absolutely knocked sideways by this news. I never met her but listened to all her interviews and followed her blog and so in that strange way that you do when you know someones work, felt that I knew her. I only corresponded with her by way of thanks regarding a few things I bought from her.
A great, great loss to the art world.

Here are another couple of links:
https://www.instagram.com/karinjurickarts/

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/artistshelpingartists/2011/06/23/a-conversation-with-karin-jurick

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this!

This is so sad. I love her work and have watched her on Instagram for years. Wow

David and I both just heard about Karin’s passing. We are devastated by her loss. Karin was one of the first Daily Painters, helped me when I began, and has been with DPW from the beginning. I was lucky enough to teach a workshop with Karin. I will always remember her amazing talent and wonderful sense of humor. I will miss her terribly.

Such sad news, Karin inspired me in so many ways and was a real pioneer on youtube for me. She will truly be missed, yet her art and inspiration will always be with us. Rest in Peace.

Very sorry to hear of the passing of Karin Jurick. Like many others, I first encountered Karin when I was a member of DailyPaintworks, but I have followed her wonderfully-accomplished work ever since. She was indeed an inspiration – and an especial delight to all artists, but perhaps to figurative painters most especially. Never having the good fortune to take a workshop with her, I nevertheless devoured any online content she generously made available. Her paintings provide a legacy to her immense talent, distinctive technique, and inimitable gift for human observation. Karin, you will be missed.

I received the sad news today. Karin has inspired many artists. Her art and inspiration always stay with us. Rest in peace.

How terribly sad. I love her paintings and they are so inspiring. Does anyone know how or why she passed away? Was it Covid? 59 is very young these days.

I am very sad to hear of the passing of Karin. I have admired her work for many years. She was a huge inspiration to us all.

This is heartbreaking news. So incredibly gifted and inspiring. I will miss seeing her posts. Rest in peace Karin.

Her mastery of color and composition came to my attention about ten years ago when I was still working in something other than art, and I became aware of her amazing studies of the human face inspired by mugshots. She will be greatly missed. What an inspiration!! RIP, dear Karin.