There are a lot of good reasons for me to belong to DPW besides selling paintings. Here are some of the reasons I’m here:
- I get to look at a couple of hundred new paintings a day and learn from them.
- I can connect to other artists. I enjoy writing the notes of appreciation for art that moves me.
- The Challenges and Monthly Contest are motivating…it’s good to have a stake in the game.
- I have an online gallery I can refer people to.
- I enjoy reading the many opinions of artists on Art Talk. I’ve had some of my questions answered very thoughtfully.
I do understand that lots of painters need to sell their art to pay for food and my heart goes out to them because it is tough and getting tougher. DPW has lots of ways of feeding my spirit.
I don’t know David and Carol Marine and they haven’t prompted me to write this note. I would encourage them to look at other ways to grow the community so it feeds the other needs artists have.