The Coming PayPal Fee Increase

Credit card seems a good way forwards.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with this~thank you for being proactive about it. I have been thinking that if you did raise dues even a little bit it might deter some of the people who seem less serious about being artists. I see some work that should maybe have spent more time on the easel, or perhaps the artist might need a few more classes. Also, I see work that is clearly stealing from other artists or copied from famous photographs. This is copyright infringement and really should not be encouraged.
That said, I really love this site and the community it engenders. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for always taking costs into account for us David. You are always more than fair.

It would be nice to have both paypal and credit card options. Thanks.

1 Like

Another payment way is great with me. After not using PayPal for a few years, going back to it was mind boggling and shocking actually. I canā€™t wait to dump it. Credit card payment for DPW is fine with me. I could really use a solid new way to accept payments. Otherwise I will have to rely on the usual email, phone and checks. Thank you for keeping us informed.

1 Like

Iā€™m all for switching to cc!

1 Like

Credit card payment is fine for meā€¦ and I get reward points with my credit card too!

1 Like

I like having both options PP or CC. I think many people still prefer making payments thru PayPal.

Thank you for these options. I would like to pay my fees by direct debit please.

1 Like

I am totally fine with credit card both for payment to DPW and for accepting from customers.

1 Like

I would prefer to have the credit card option and not Amazon or Paypal. Thank you for responding in a positive fashion.

1 Like

Oh, thanks a lot for new features. I have some clients not having paypal and asking for extra assistance so I would gladly have credit card option for them.

Question, is it possible to leave price for sold items? I have a lot sold items and people keep asking me about the prices. I would prefer not to make a big secret and make it visible so they donā€™t spend my time/their time asking. Thanks!

1 Like

Credit card good for me too

1 Like

Card-agree)))), convenient, interesting option)))

1 Like

Yes, the credit card solution sounds good.

1 Like

Hello,
Newbie Here,
Yes please to all of the above.
I just found out that Paypal is making me reverify who I am. Iā€™ve done this in the past and it was a pain in the rear. I am looking for other means of getting paid directly to my bank account. Or I noticed that through, say, Etsy Pay. Itā€™s goes straight thru Etsy and into my email account. It doesnā€™t even register with paypal. Which is great. Iā€™d like to get away from paypal completely.
I just now made my first sale on here, Yippee!!! and Paypal is keeping my money until I prove who I am AGAIN. Enough.
So yes I am interested in a work around and not through Amazon either please.
And I would pay you an extra fee to make that happen.
Right now I am going through my (little for now) gallery and deleting my paypal links and linking each piece through my Etsy shop, butā€¦
I would like to get away from that too.
Thank you for asking
peace,
CheyAnne Sexton

1 Like

I agree with customers liking the options

Yes absolutely . Can we link our email as a payment choice?

I would love to pay by credit card directly! Make it so!

Hi, I would rather NOT use my credit card for monthly DPW membership. One of the things that I like about DPW is that I could pay my membership fees through my checking account, via PayPal. (Losing my ā€œday jobā€ to the pandemic for over a year has put a real strain on my credit; if paying membership dues by credit card became a requirement, I would have to leave DPW, unfortunately.).

I am not crazy about the PayPal increase but I can live with paying an extra 50 cents/month. Perhaps there could be an alternate way for members to pay automatically every month from their checking accounts? (My car insurance does this for my premiums).
I am happy to give customers option of paying by credit card. However, perhaps I have misunderstood, as I thought that a customer could pay through PayPal WITH their credit card already, no?
And I agree with other members, thank you for keeping on top of things and asking our feedback, hope it helps! :wink:

Hi Michele,

I appreciate the feedback! Would you be able to pay with a debit card attached to your checking account. Debit cards are significantly easier for me to bill against than ACH (electronic checks).