Photo Reference Sites

I like these two sites, one can find some really great free photos!
stocksnap.io
Pixabay.com
Sorry, could not place the links, my IPad didnt cooperate!

I’ve used Paint My Photo…and like it. I primarily use my own photos or imagination but sometimes I need some inspiration!

I’ll answer your question because it happened to me. I found one of my paintings on Pinterest on a board entitled “Ideas for a Paint Party”. I asked the owner of the board to please remove my painting as it was a copyrighted original up for sale by me. She never answered. So I reported it to Pinterest. They took the painting off the board and issued her a warning on copyrighted works. I would say never paint a photo unless you know its free to do so or else contact the owner of the photo and ask permission.

I am wondering if pixabay.com could really be real? It seems that a lot of people have put up professional photos, saying that they are “public domain”. But I noticed that they were also sharing links to buy a cup of coffee etc. so the moneymakers could be stealing photos…just seems there are a lot of really good Photos.

Maybe I have been on ebay too long? Cynical me.

I read this, so all is good I guess!
https://pixabay.com/en/forum/questions-about-pixabay-11/just-being-extra-careful-tell-me-again-that-these-401/