Do you accept commissions?

I don’t procrastinate with work I chose myself, because I have a history of completely abandoning projects instead. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The dumb thing is that I realize that when I leave a piece in its ‘ugly’ stage (maybe not everyone has those issues), it will bother me for months and when I push past that to finish a piece, I realize that 20 minutes can save it altogether and I am in love. Very emotional journey. Haha.

It’s the whole inner voice sitch: “shut up fear of failure, shut up fear of success”, just have fun. So, yeah, I’m still in the process.

You?

Once I get into a groove with painting I can churn out a number of pieces, one after the other. The only thing standing in my way is having to take care of other daily business. If I take a long break however (say a month or so) it can take me a while to get back into the groove and I procrastinate then. Starting that first painting is the hardest - like you’ve forgotten how to paint and have to start all over again.
I’ve tried to get into a habit of keeping notes about my paintings - the color palette I used and so on, so that if I do another similar painting later on I can refer back to it. I print out a little picture of the painting and glue it into my notebook. That can help. I guess that’s what a blog is for, but I don’t want to share ALL my nitty-gritty on my blog.
I also have a good collection of unfinished /ugly paintings. I had a tidy up the other day of all my bad and unfinished art. Some of it is REALLY bad! I don’t know whether to throw it out or keep it to prove to myself how far I have progressed.

Been there. Done that! :smile:

Also I do find that my hands are unable to do what my brain sees. So I have a lot more paintings not worthy for viewing/selling. Though I keep telling myself to just put it out there, I can’t. If I’m not happy with it, I have to keep working it till I like it or it’s over-painted, lost all of it’s looseness and is ready for the bin. I’m still trying to not be this way but I’ve been unsuccessful. :roll_eyes:

Sounds like I need a therapist. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have done a ton of commissions but I make them pay up front before I do anything because one time someone ripped me off.

Great point! But this woman’s mother was dead, and she had only a few photos of her–all of them blurry!

These house shaped laser engraved wood business cards turned out very well for the property redevelopment cards they were made for. We can create wood business cards in any shape or size that you’ve envisioned, so call us today and let’s get started on designing your creative, one-of-a-kind business cards! Property Redevelopment Wood Business Cards