Daily Paintworks (DPW) | About DPW

“Gail Walton” phishing warning

(Connie McLennan) #1

In case anyone was born last night at 11:59 …

I have received the phishing email below twice, both directly and through DPW. if you receive it, DO NOT RESPOND. Here’s why. [And here—more current.]

“Greetings,

My name is Gail Walton from Cincinnati OH… I actually observed my wife has been viewing your website on my laptop and i guess she likes your piece of work, I’m also impressed and amazed to have seen your various works too, :slight_smile: You are doing a great job. I would like to receive further information about your piece of work and what inspires you… Kindly confirm the availability for immediate sales…

Thanks and best regards… ”

(Linda McCoy) #2

Thanks, Connie! I got the same email, I always delete without reading but sometimes I’d like to blast them :roll_eyes:

(Connie McLennan) #3

Yes, tempting to compose something hilarious, but not worth confirming yours is a live address and providing them your server information.

(Theresa Taylor Bayer) #4

Thanks for the heads up about not giving away your internet info. I got that same email and promptly deleted it. If they were for real buyers, I’d have gotten a notice from Paypal, instead.

(Lori Twiggs) #5

I’m embarrassed to ask, other than grammar and some punctuation, what tipped you off?

(Connie McLennan) #6

It’s a well-known format.
BBB Article
How they work
Many more

(Michael Kennedy) #7

Looks like Gail has a wife… lol