Daily Paintworks (DPW) | About DPW

Do you accept commissions?

(Sunny Avocado) #21

I don’t procrastinate with work I chose myself, because I have a history of completely abandoning projects instead. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The dumb thing is that I realize that when I leave a piece in its ‘ugly’ stage (maybe not everyone has those issues), it will bother me for months and when I push past that to finish a piece, I realize that 20 minutes can save it altogether and I am in love. Very emotional journey. Haha.

It’s the whole inner voice sitch: “shut up fear of failure, shut up fear of success”, just have fun. So, yeah, I’m still in the process.

You?

(Jacqueline Davis) #22

Once I get into a groove with painting I can churn out a number of pieces, one after the other. The only thing standing in my way is having to take care of other daily business. If I take a long break however (say a month or so) it can take me a while to get back into the groove and I procrastinate then. Starting that first painting is the hardest - like you’ve forgotten how to paint and have to start all over again.
I’ve tried to get into a habit of keeping notes about my paintings - the color palette I used and so on, so that if I do another similar painting later on I can refer back to it. I print out a little picture of the painting and glue it into my notebook. That can help. I guess that’s what a blog is for, but I don’t want to share ALL my nitty-gritty on my blog.
I also have a good collection of unfinished /ugly paintings. I had a tidy up the other day of all my bad and unfinished art. Some of it is REALLY bad! I don’t know whether to throw it out or keep it to prove to myself how far I have progressed.

(Sunny Avocado) #23

Been there. Done that! :smile:

Also I do find that my hands are unable to do what my brain sees. So I have a lot more paintings not worthy for viewing/selling. Though I keep telling myself to just put it out there, I can’t. If I’m not happy with it, I have to keep working it till I like it or it’s over-painted, lost all of it’s looseness and is ready for the bin. I’m still trying to not be this way but I’ve been unsuccessful. :roll_eyes:

(Sunny Avocado) #24

Sounds like I need a therapist. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: