Copyright Awareness

Genuinely, I cannot think what you are talking about. I have found this forum to be incredibly supportive of other artists - at least I have tried to be, and if people had been piled upon by others I’d like to think I’d have objected.
All I can think of is a thread where a number artists works were kept by a gallery owner and people were upset with the owner.
If you’re referring to the long thread about pricing of work - to me was just opinions about how to price work. I can’t remember anything upsetting there.
I’ve scanned through all the recent threads. I can’t think what else you might be referring to?

1 Like

I think you’re seeing what you want to see, but hey, I get it.

Never said such a thing. Said she copied (certain paintings within her paintings), and that doesn’t necessarily mean infringement if it’s done in a way that makes it fair use/appropriation etc… As I said to Jacqueline, it’s all legal. It’s just, in my opinion, uninspired.

I think you should apologize for falsely accusing me of accusing someone.

David,
As a fellow artist, I have never tried to shame or victimize an artist. My experience is that artists are the most generous and giving people and it was in that spirit that I thought I would post about the legal aspect of our work i case someone didn’t know.
The last thing I wanted to do was to make someone feel bad. In retrospect I should have just said “a painting today”.
I need to let you know that after reading all of your replies and comments that you have shaken me to my core. I can actually feel my heart beating outside my chest as I reply to you.
So if your goal was to shame and upset me…you have succeeded. Don’t worry, you will never see another comment or opinion from me on this site.
Linda Carney

1 Like

Maybe.
Perhaps you are doing the same. I can only respond to what I can see and without being provided with evidence to the contrary that’s all I can go from.
Anyway, not wishing to upset anyone, - have a great evening David, and happy painting. Your work is beautiful.

But it’s neither “the same thing” nor “all legal.” One likely is illegal usage, and the other isn’t.

I was referring to the act of copying. If you read anything else into it, that’s on you. It’s not in the text of what I wrote.

Of course, you could’ve asked me to clarify before you accused me of something I didn’t do.

Why not just send a private message to the artist in question?

Nope, never was, just so you know. Just wanted to stick up for an underdog who probably didn’t know they were being talked about in here.