Bird Paintings Category

Seems like we have quite a few bird painters, bird collectors as well as bird sales on this site, so I wondering if it might be beneficial for a bird category? Currently I list mine in animals. Just a thought.

Linda, I love that idea! I don’t paint as many birds as you do, but I might paint more if it were a separate category.

1 Like

Simply, just add “bird” to the searchable words in the description box. That would direct someone to your painting. Most everyone does this anyway because there are no separate catagories for dogs, cats, cows, sheep and many other popular animal genres, they are all listed under animals and sometimes nature.

1 Like

I’m for more categories too. Birds would be a good one to add.

2 Likes

This is a great idea. Ask directly to David. Years ago I asked him for the “Fantasy” category, and he added it.

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion! Having a dedicated bird category could definitely benefit the bird painters, collectors, and enthusiasts on this site. It would make it easier for people who specifically enjoy bird-related artwork to find and explore the pieces they love. Categorizing birds separately from animals would provide a focused space where bird lovers can connect and appreciate the beauty of avian art. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I hope the site considers implementing a bird category in the future. Happy painting and collecting! If you’re into bird painting, you should definitely check out the wide range of bird-themed paint by numbers kits available. They offer a fun and relaxing way to create stunning bird artwork. Enjoy!

My thoughts on this are the same as Peter Lentini’s:

“Simply, just add “bird” to the searchable words in the description box [also in the title and the keywords]. That would direct someone to your painting. Most everyone does this anyway because there are no separate categories for dogs, cats, cows, sheep and many other popular animal genres, they are all listed under animals and sometimes nature.”

Once we add a bird category, there would be good argument for adding more singular animal categories, as Peter describes, in addition to other non animal categories. It may be counterintuitive, however, as genre and media further proliferate, it becomes harder, not easier, for buyers to find what they are looking for.

Instead, Peter’s suggestion to use the description and titles and keywords is the better approach. Most people, who have been trained by Google, search using the free form text search field, which searches on titles and keywords in addition to genre and media.

All that said, I always appreciate the ideas and feedback!

David
Owner and Developer of DailyPaintworks.com

I would have agreed with Linda, but Peter and David make solid points - so never mind.
What the discussion reminded me is that I was solely using keywords to sort my gallery pictures. I need to be better at listing appropriate keywords and being sure my discussions have some keywords in them. Needless to say (though I will say), not artificially added keywords, just several that suitably flow from the narrative. I’m going to go back over my listings and be sure that I’ve done that. Thanks for the reminder.

I always use the word “Bird” in the search box. I was just reacting to the numbers, it appears birds are roughly about 40% of the animal category, just thinking about making it easier for the many bird painting collectors that visit this site. I could be wrong about the numbers, my request was just a thought.

That is a good idea. Although I am not a bird painter recently, I have stumbled upon Miguel Camarena’s art gallery’s stunning roadrunner painting. It is an Arizonian bird.