Artist magazine subscriptions

Does anyone subscribe to any artists magazines?

I asked for a subscription to this one last year (generous gift from a relative) and will be asking for the same next year. I highly recommend it. I look forward to it arriving in my mailbox every month.

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/magazines/the-artist/back-issues.htm

It’s £50.00 annual subscription (about $65 USD)

It is a UK magazine though (I’m originally from the UK), so the competition and exhibition info isn’t all that useful. But it’s a great read with hints, tips and generally just great inspiration.

Does anyone have a US magazine they love and subscribe to?
What do you like about it?
Any you would not bother with?

Thanks.

:slightly_smiling_face:

My favorite is International Artist magazine. It has artists from around the world and lots show a demo of how their process. It covers all media as well. Lots of good articles. It comes in print and digital and if you get the print (I do) you also get the digital.

2 Likes

The UK magazine the artist’s is a must have for me, I pick one up every month. I also like the UK Leisure Painter and Paint & Draw. In addition I like the US magazines the artist’s and Plein Air.

1 Like

I have one but I don’t think they are worth the money. They really don’t teach me anything

For those looking for art magazine subscriptions, don’t forget about your local library! You can get many different magazines to download from your library FOR FREE!

I’m a plein air painter and there are many plein air magazines covering what is going on in the plein air world, i make a point to NOT look at these magazines because I don’t want to be influenced by the other contemporary plein air painters. I have my own approach and I don’t want to dilute it. It’s difficult staying original. I do however go to art museums to see the work of the masters.