Daily Paintworks (DPW) | About DPW

Any tips for getting people to view your DPW page?

(Valerie Smith) #1

I couldn’t get one view. Just wondering how you all get so much success?

(Libby Anderson) #2

Putting a painting in the auction will make your paintings viewed more. Also posting as often as you can helps viewers to notice you.

(J. Dunster) #3

Could we see your gallery? That might help us pinpoint any issues.

One thing I notice is that when I don’t list a price on my painting, I get fewer views.

(Kristine Mackessy) #4

I couldn’t find you…how are you listed?

(Valerie Smith) #5

I joined a month ago and unsubscribed because I wasn’t getting any views. I’m thinking of rejoining if I can find out ways to get people to my webpage.

(Kristine Mackessy) #6

I am a friend of Artists here and a buyer, but not a contributing artist - just to be clear. :slight_smile: My friends who are successful, approach their ‘marketing ‘ in many ways: DPW, other sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. DPW has led to gallery opportunities for some, others sell through other venues such as Etsy. I think the more you put yourself out there, the more views/sales you will achieve. Of course high quality work is the given…the advantage of DPW is that goal of painting and posting daily and with that you see the progression of your work.
Any additional thing you can do will contribute to your success: blogs, business cards, participation in your local events, etc.
But bottom line, my belief is that you ask yourself: what are my goals. There is no right or wrong answer here. These are your goals. Identify those and you will have clarity on how to move forward.
Also for the record :wink: I am an artist. At this point in my life I am choosing to focus on my work and not sell or promote. This doesn’t make me better or worse in the ‘integrity’ of what i do…just my personal choice at this point in my life.
This may change tomorrow.
Keep painting.
Wishing you the best, K

(Hilda Rogers) #7

I am new on here, too and when I joined I made sure my facebook and blog were also linked to DPW. When I posted up my first work I got a good amount of views, straight away…which was really encouraging! I guess the truth of the matter is that when you start on here you should bring along some ‘supporters’! I sold 3 pieces in the first week…since then, not so much, but it’s early days and there has been a fair amount of interest. Now, all I have to do is get the balance right between social media and PAINTING!!:wink: