Daily Paintworks (DPW) | About DPW

$1 auctions not panning out

(Dave Tuni) #61

I listened to the audio version of “War of Art” when it first came out. It was a good and snarky narration of a book that has a lot of humor, something artists could use more of (especially in their work). The book seems a bit dated nowadays with references to Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods as role models, but still probably useful to those who have really stopped working altogether.

(David Kuhn) #62

Van Gogh’s letters to his brother Theo are an invaluable well from which one can draw solace when the peaks have turned into valleys.

(Joe Wojdakowski) #63

Thanks for the advise in this post I’ve abandoned the low price thought and feel so much better about it. And did acually sell a small painting for 10x more then my low auction price I was doing before. Plus collectors have shown some interest in larger higher priced work. Now time time to paint 1 million in inventory. Hey I’ve been thinking small for to long time to think big :wink:

(Sunny Avocado) #64

Good news Joe! And good for you! I am also painting a bunch. Not sure where and when I will sell but I will !